In years gone by The Grand Tour took the young to far flung places to unwind, reconnect and explore the finer things in life. Sometimes a little visual escapism is all we need to get us through the daily drudge and we think there is no better way to inspire daydreams of holidays, adventures, journeys and discovery than via our friends on Instagram. It’s amazing what wonders can be discovered when we step out of our daily lives… if only for an instant.
Entry to this giveaway has now closed. The winning submission and a gallery of entries can be viewed HERE >>
Est Magazine believes the finest things in life are often the simplest and we are looking for the most inspired Instagram photograph that proves this. Entries close New Year’s Eve. Submissions will be judged by Robyn Lea, Est Magazine New York Correspondent. The winner receives a $500 gift voucher from Canvas & Canvas to spend on hand painted, limited edition artwork from their Online Art Gallery.
How to Enter
• Download the Instagram app for Android or iPhone
• Take, edit and upload your photo to Instagram
• Tag #thegrandtour @estmagazine & @canvasandcanvas
• Privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ for us to retrieve your photo
• We’d love you to geotag your photo, although non-geotagged images will not be excluded from entry
The Est Magazine team will be posting images from The Grand Tour Issue daily into our own Instagram feed @estmagazine. We have also prepared a list of words to give you daily inspiration throughout the 22 day tour.
Canvas & Canvas are on a mission to rescue the world from sad walls. For too long, our walls have suffered in silence, void of colour and life, in a world of emptiness.
It’s time to fight back. Canvas & Canvas have developed a handcrafted range of art that brings new hope to walls everywhere. Bold, contemporary and with colour in plenty, Canvas & Canvas bring together a range that stands out from the rest.
Every Canvas & Canvas piece of art is hand painted by one of our artists. Using the highest quality oils & acrylics, each piece is brought to life with it’s own character and detail.
Ensuring each Canvas & Canvas artwork remains a rare commodity, each design is limited to only 99 pieces. Most importantly, our pricing means that walls everywhere can afford to be happy.
Browse the Canvas and Canvas online art gallery at www.canvasandcanvas.com
Robyn Lea has established herself as a top international photographer over a 15-year period, extending her repertoire to directing TV commercials over the last five years. Her work has been published in the world’s top tier magazines including Vogue, Vogue Entertaining & Travel, Time Magazine, Vogue Living, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveler, Financial Review Magazine, British Airways Magazine and the Qantas Magazine.
Lea’s commissions take her all over the globe including her recent commission to shoot in a private Chateau in France for a coffee table book by Penguin Books, a fashion campaign in Paris for ‘Flore’ by Jane Parker, ‘Russia by Private Train’ for Captain’s Choice and ‘Palaces of Rajasthan’ for Vogue Entertaining & Travel.
Lea’s excellent people skills are an integral part of her creative magic and have helped her win important contracts with clients shooting celebrities such as Willem Dafoe, Isabel Lucas, Sarah O’Hare (Murdoch), Claudia Schiffer and genius Russian conductor Valerie Gergiev on location at the Kirov Opera in St Petersburg. She has also worked on major international ad campaigns with DDB, Clemenger, Grey, Lowe Hunt, The Campaign Palace, George Patterson, Y&R, JWT and Publicis Mojo.
Lea’s has a deep need for personal expression through image making and has had nine solo exhibitions of her work, her latest solo show held at Parliament House Melbourne. She has also been involved in countless group exhibitions including in St Petersburg, Moscow, Zimbabwe and the Powerhouse Contemporary Art Museum in Sydney. Lea’s work is currently touring Asia in an exhibition which was launched in November 2010 at Bangkok Design Week.
Born in 1971 in the tiny rural township of Stawell in Australia, Lea’s drive and passion has seen her rise to the top of her field with a global outlook and global client base. Lea began her career assisting photographers as an 18 year-old in Milan and her current book project in Milan is an extension of her deep and thorough knowledge of that city. She has developed a close working relationship with most of Milan’s top designers and creatives and has been trusted by brands such as Gucci, Gianfranco Ferre, Ferragamo and Bulgari to shoot a selection of their precious archival couture and jewelry masterpieces.
Lea’s expertise is also highly respected amongst her peers and she has been invited as guest speaker to address groups such as the industry body ACMP and DDB International advertising agency.
Despite all this Lea is embracing for her next adventure and has just relocated with her husband and two children to New York to continue her work and embrace a new city and culture.
Full terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter the Canvas & Canvas Instagram Giveaway form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Est Magazine, ABN 67 477 039 166, PO Box 193 Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia.
3. The competition commences at 10.00am (AEST) on 10th December 2012 and closes at 10:00pm (AEST) Tuesday 1st January 2013
4. Only entries submitted via the Instagram application and which are appropriately tagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works.
5. Judging will take place on 2nd January 2013. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
6. The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winner. We are looking for the most inspired photograph which shows how the finer things in life are often the simplest. Submissions will be judged by Robyn Lea, Est Magazine New York Correspondent, according to the relevance of the submitted photo to the theme in question, as decided by our judge.
7. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
8. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or promoter. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
9. Entries must be received by 10:00pm (AEST) Tuesday 1st January 2013. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Est Magazine database. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
10. Use of images:
10.1 All images published on Instagram with #thegrandtour may be moderated and displayed on the Est Magazine website and Facebook page. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
10.2 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree your images can be broadcast via digital feeds or printed for physical events by the Est Magazine.
10.3 In consideration for Est Magazine awarding the prize to the winner, the winner gives Est Magazine non-exclusive rights to use their submitted image and Instagram name in promotional formats such as announcing the winner via the Est Magazine website, Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram application and in subsequent competition promotions (with attribution). The winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
11. Use of personal information:
11.1 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that Est Magazine may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
11.2 By entering the competition, you give Est Magazine permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a winner of the competition.
12. The promoter reserves the right to request winners provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
13. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
14. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within one week of the prize draw. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after one month, an alternate winner will be selected and the original winner will forfeit any prize. The unclaimed prize judging will take place on Friday 1 February 2013 at 10.00am (AEST).
15. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
16. The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
17. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under state regulation.
18. Prize is as follows: Major prize: $500 gift card from Canvas & Canvas. Valid until 30 June 2013. Prize voucher coupon code must be entered upon checkout and can not be redeemed for cash.
19. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
20. Est Magazine employees and immediate family are encouraged to participate however, are not eligible to win.
21. Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/