Side dish or snack? Scrap that. These savoury selections are made to last. Lined up in glazed ceramics on the dining table for your moorish needs, these green and gold nutritious ‘chips’ will sustain your afternoon fix and please party guests when hosting.
TURMERIC KALE CRUNCH
Bunch of kale
Preheat oven to 165C.
1. Wash Kale thoroughly and pat dry with a tea towel.
2. Tear off large pieces of leaf from stem. (Keep kale stems, and store in a takeaway container in the fridge to use for soups or smoothies.)
3. Place kale pieces into a large mixing bowl, drizzle coconut thoroughly over leaves and toss through chopped turmeric or powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
4. Layout leaves on a lined tray with baking paper, cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven and place any crisp pieces into a bowl and allow to cool.
5. Continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes whilst checking and removing crisp leaves.
SPICED ROSEMARY NUTS
BY Mr Darcy Maxwell | PHOTOGRAPHY Tori Simson | PRODUCTION Chanelle McAuliffe | PROPS Izzi & Popo
1 cup Walnuts
1 cup Peanut
1 cup Brazil nuts
1/3 Organic butter
1 Lemon Cumin powder
3 Rosemary sprigs
Preheat oven to 170C.
1. Melt honey and butter in a saucepan over boiling water or in a microwave.
2. Shave lemon skin with a micro plane, and thinly chop rosemary.
3. Place mixed nuts in a bowl, drizzle butter and honey over nut mix, ensuring all nuts are glazed.
4. Add lemon rind, rosemary, salt and lightly sprinkle cumin.
5. Cook for 10-20 minutes until golden.