A winter staple and necessity, the humble green soup wins hands down for dinner on a quiet night in curled up on the couch by an open fireplace. Let the blue cheese and Greek yoghurt infuse and lightly descend into the green depths below before scooping up the rich velvety textures with a crusty piece of sourdough.
SPINACH & SAGE BLUE CHEESE SOUP
Bag of Spinach
1 Leek 1 Fennel
1 Sweet potato
Bunch of Sage
250ml Chicken bone broth (Purchased or homemade, see my Physio’s signature recipe)
1 Garlic clove
1 Tbsp Anise seed
Brown Onion Himalayan salt
1. Wash vegetables. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, chop broccoli and sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes, remove broccoli, continue to cook sweet potato for a further 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. Slice leek, fennel bulb and herb, garlic, and onion and simmer with butter in a pan on low to medium heat until translucent.
3. Strain sweet potato and place all ingredients in a blender including a good drizzle of olive oil (may have to do 2 batches in blender) add a dollop of yogurt and blue cheese as desired.
4. Blend on high until rich and creamy.
5. Serve with warm crusty sourdough and a dollop of both yoghurt and blue cheese on top.