How to Enter
Become a SUBSCRIBER and then FORWARD any of our weekly subscriber Mini Est mail-outs to a friend between today and Monday 29th September 2014 to win.
The iSTYLE online courses run by iscd are designed to take you on a step-by-step journey on using colour or decor in home decorating.
The iSTYLE online courses are designed for you to first complete iSTYLE Colour followed by iSTYLE Decor.
The iSTYLE Colour course uses professional colour and design principles to provide a step-by-step process to understand the fundamentals of colour, tone and mood. Learn easy to follow formulas for success, with projects and exercises that have been designed to grow your understanding. The course is divided into 8 lessons with a combination of tutorials, interactive mood boards and colour palette development using an extensive online library of colours and inspirational images.
Learn about current decorating styles and how to analyse a room’s decorating requirements together with the importance of tone and texture in design. The course is designed as attractive personal online journals that become keepsakes to use over and over again.
You can complete the course online, at home, in your own time. The structure of the online learning environment allows you to stop and start as you need and to print out the materials for your own personal reference.
- Personal Colour: Introduction. Understanding your colour preferences. Developing your personal colour palette
- Personal Colour: Mood + Colour Palettes. The emotional impact of colour. Creating colour mood palettes.
- The Psychology of Colour. Understanding the symbolic, historical and cultural nature of colour.
- Colour Scheme Development: Style + Room Analysis. Colour palette development. Paint Sheen levels. Proportional colour.
- Discovering Texture: Pattern and Fabric. Adding personality to your decor. When and how to use texture.
- Inspiration: From Nature. Exploring creative ways to develop colour and decorating schemes.
- Creating Your Own Colour Style Board. Applying your knowledge. Creating a colour scheme for a room in your home.
Cost: $199 (incl. GST)
Understanding trends and knowing how to use them in your home is a popular subject and a fascinating one to learn about. We not only look at trends and how they develop, we help you become a trend spotter!
Follow our easy step-by-step process to create your own decorating look-book. Explore decorating styles in a practical way, so you can find your own style and feel confident working with it.
Creating a home you love begins and ends with you and your personal style, knowing how to create it and most of all, enjoying it!
It is important that you have completed iSTYLE COLOUR prior to starting this course, as you need the colour knowledge and experience from the exercises it offers.
- Personal Decorating Style: Introduction. Understand your decorating preferences. Discover and develop your own style.
- Decorating Themes. Exploring characteristics and origins. Themes: Minimalist, Classical and Bohemian.
- Decorating Styles. Exploring characteristics and origins. Styles: Cultural, Mood and Geographical.
- Trendspotting and Accessories. Trend vs Style. Influences and origins. Mind map and trend chart.
- Furniture and Flooring. Product knowledge and planning. Matching to Theme and Style.
- Colour, Mood and Lighting. Colour scheme development. Colours related to Theme and Style. Mood effects with lighting.
- Walls and Fabric. Product Knowledge and Applications. Matching to Theme and Style.
- The Result. Floor Plans, Mood and Sample Board. Specifications and Budget. Decorator’s Toolkit.
Full terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter the Est Magazine iscd Course Giveaway form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the giveaway is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Est Magazine, ABN 67 477 039 166, PO Box 193 Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia.
3. The competition commences at 6am (AEST) on Friday 5th September 2014 and closes at midday (AEST) Monday 29th September.
4. Only entries submitted via the Est Magazine Subscription list forwarder form will be accepted.
5. Winners will be announced on Friday 3rd October 2014. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
6. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or promoter. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
7. Entries must be received by midday (AEST) Monday 29th September 2014. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Est Magazine database. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
8. The promoter reserves the right to request winners provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
9. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
10. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winners via their email account within one week of the prize draw. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after one month, an alternate winner will be selected and the original winner will forfeit any prize.
11. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
12. The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
13. If for any reason this giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under state regulation.
14. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
15. Est Magazine employees and immediate family are encouraged to participate however, are not eligible to win. (edit)