When you’re longing for a fresh fusion of a Mexican cantina with rustic Melbourne café flavours, you’ll relish this Mexican poached pot. Change your champagne breakfast to a colorful concoction of Bloody Mary and Sangria to really kick start the fire in your belly for the day.
RELISH POACHED POT
Can of red kidney beans
1 Brown onion
1 Red Chilli
1 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Small Eggplant
1 Garlic clove
Apple cider vinegar
1. Wash and chop tomato and eggplant. Thinly slice onion, garlic and chilli.
2. In a pot on medium heat, drizzle some olive oil and add onion, garlic and chilli, simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato, eggplant, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to the pot with a splash of water and cook for 10-15 minutes, frequently stirring.
4. Bring a small saucepan to the boil and add a splash of apple cider vinegar. Crack egg into a small cup, stir water in a fast circular motion with a spoon, and drop egg into centre. Cook for 4 minutes.
5. Once relish mix is a thick chunky sauce, add the red kidney beans and stir through. Place relish mix into a bowl, place the poached egg on top. Allow the egg yolk to seep into the relish before devouring.